Nintendo Labo – Variety Kit
The Nintendo Labo Variety Kit includes:
- a physical version of the Nintendo Labo Variety Kit software
- Cardboard sheet x 28 (includes extra sheet for customization)
- Reflective sticker sheet x 3
- Sponge sheet x 3
- String (orange) x 1
- String (blue) x 1
- Grommet set (gray) x 1
- Grommet set (blue) x 4
- Rubber band (large) x 2 + spares
- Rubber band (small) x 6 + spares
(Nintendo Switch system required; sold separately)
The Variety Kit includes 5 different Toy Cons.
What are Toy Cons?
Toy-Cons are cardboard creations used to interact with the Nintendo Labo software. With each Nintendo Labo kit, you can transform modular sheets of cardboard – specially designed to interact with Nintendo Switch and Joy-Con controllers – into interactive 3D creations.
- Toy-Con RC Car– use your Nintendo Switch touch screen to control your own Toy-Con RC Car. Powered by vibrations in the Joy-Con controllers and can even follow a path of magnetic tape by using the IR motion camera in the right Joy-Con controller.
- Toy-Con Fishing Rod – Build a working rod, then go fishing on your Nintendo Switch. When the fishing rod vibrates, hook your fish and reel them in
- Toy-Con House – Play with a mysterious little pet in this custom home. You can earn treats for your pet by playing mini-games, then you can touch the screen to feed these treats to your pet to see it change its color or pattern.
- Toy-Con Motorbike – Rev your engine and go racing on a Motorbike. You can rev the throttle by twisting the right handle.
- Toy-Con Piano – Make and record music in a variety of fun modes. The Toy-Con Piano can be used to play simple songs or even to create and record more complex compositions, making it fun for everyone
designed to teach the principles of engineering, physics, and basic programming
This is literally a product where you start with pieces of cardboard and build different projects. This is a great product to introduce engineering, physics, and basic programming concepts. The game software provides instructions on how the Toy-Con works with the Switch. Toy Cons should take around 20 mins to construct but varies based on the complexity of the project and the skill of the builder. This is a fun product for the entire family.