Thames & Kosmos Optical Science is a kit that allows you to explore human perception and the physics of light. Experiment with light and the color spectrum by building various objects such as a color wheel, a fiber optic peacock, and diffraction glasses. Recommend for ages 8 and up.
- Learn the similarities and differences between the eye and a camera.
- Build a camera obscura and pinhole glasses.
- Investigate lenses and light refraction.
- Experiment with spatial vision and depth perception
- View optical illusions involving shapes, color, depth, and scale.
- Make a curved line look straight.
- Turn cardboard transparent.
- Learn how your eye and brain work together to perceive color, light, depth, perspective, size, shape, and motion.
The energy of light is measured in waves on the electromagnetic spectrum